WAY OUT, CRAZY COST VALENTINE DATE IDEA
You can rent Sir Richard Branson’s Heart Shaped Island.
Makepeace Island in Australia is a romantic sanctuary, only costing $9,000 per night for a true get-away on this paradise island. Check out their ‘specials’
BEATING THE CROWDS
Indoor Picnic “Glamping”
Skip the restaurant scene, where you’ll be stuck with an overpriced menu and sitting knee-to-knee with other star-crossed lovebirds. A Valentines Day dinner enjoying an indoor picnic instead. Spread out the blanket, break out the fancy accouterments — and don’t forget the bubbly. Although camping isn’t always sexy “glamping” (glamorous camping) can make for the ultimate Valentines Day staycation. Pitch a tent in the backyard or even the bedroom, whip up a batch of s’mores, light up the fireplace (on DVD) and get all cozy in that sleeping bag built for one, but with two instead.
STRAIGHT TO THE HEART
What some women really like: Buy us chocolate. Lots of it. Yes, the good kind. Get flowers too. Then tell us we’re pretty. And possibly take us out somewhere nicer than take-out. Romance, gallantry, and chivalry make you stand out!
ROMANTIC: FREE AND EASY
- Every 30 minutes whisper the three magical words in your partner’s ears.
- Wrap a red ribbon around yourself and gift yourself to your lover.
- Write love notes on post-its and hide them in places like the closet, the mirror, in the pocket of the bathrobe, rear-view mirror, notebook/tablet, etc.
- Decorate the house with heart shaped helium balloons, roses and scented candles.
- Create a scrapbook with beautiful photographs of you two
WHAT NOT TO GIVE
…LET’S FACE IT, SOME PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS!
- A T-shirt
- A stationary bike
- A razor that yanks the hair out by the roots
- A DustBuster (any household item)
- A plastic rose
- An unsigned card, so it can be reused the next year
- A case of Lice. Clothes purchased at a secondhand store could be infected
- A monster truck show is not ‘going to the show’
- A gym membership
- How wings at the sports bar